Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hush-hush

I know it's been a while since my last post. But i have been super busy with schools as the semester is about to finish.

That being said, this Thanksgiving weekend is perfect for some relaxing time and knitting.
My Oh-so-expanding-Christmas-knitting list is getting lonnnnnnnnnger. I promised to all of the guys at the percussion studio for some hats. As the matter of fact over this weekend, I finished two hats already and i am dying to post the pictures here but i want the guys to be surprised, so i have to be hush hush about these 7 hats i am about to knit. 2 down, 5 more to go.
I'll post the hats with its recipients wearing them in a week or so.
Good thing about all of my Christmas knittings is they are all small items. Hats, mittens, gloves etc...I can probably finish each project within two days of knitting.

My lovely Chevrons sweater is finished! It should have been blocked sooner. I ended up not attaching the buttons on the collar. I kinda like it as a pseudo-shawl collar, plus i am gonna wrap myself in a chunky scarf anyway. I think i am gonna do another sweater for this season but i don't know if i will have the willpower to do an huge aran cable sweater..we'll see.

On a side note, just before thanksgiving break i finally gave the little baby sweater, named Latte Baby Coat by Lisa Chemery, to my old teacher at NYU at a concert. He just became a father few months ago, i am anticipating myself knitting tons of little baby knits for him. This was such an easy pattern. Do not let the hood intimidate you, the instructions are very well written. The only real tricky part is the basket weave stitch on the button band. You're basically doing a 2x2 Cable WITHOUT using a cable needle. I know this sounds very complicated and the instructions are clear, but it's one of those things that you will need to watch a video or see someone do it in person to get it. Maybe i should do a video of it. Mmm..








No comments:

Post a Comment